Monday, December 23, 2013

Tiger's Choice, Book 3 
NOW available for pre-sale! Click HERE to purchase.



Blurb:
     Sam McMillian is a tiger shifter living with a wolf pack. He was kicked out of his own family streak, not only for being gay, but for being a submissive bottom as well. He’s supposed to be a strong, fierce predator. Hiding who he really is from the wolf pack that welcomes him, Sam starts his life over. Not being able to deny what he really wants, Sam sneaks out once a month and meets with Charles Montgomery. The man is not only his Master, but is also Sam’s mate.
     Charles is an ancient vampire. He meets his True Match, a vampire’s perfect blood match, at the Silver Bullet. He hides the truth from his friends because Sam asks him too.  After a year of meeting once a month in secret, Charles decides that things need to change. To get Sam’s attention, Charles gives him an ultimatum, pushing the other man over the edge and provoking his tiger to rise.


Story Excerpt:

     “It’s almost been a year. When are you going to be honest?” Charles stared at him and Sam felt as if the man could see into his soul.
     “I’m not ready.” Sam told him, shaking his head.
     “You say that every month. You’re the only man I drink from. The only man I fuck. I’m the only man you fuck. I go to that damn club so that my friends don’t get suspicious. All of it is for you,” Charles told him and Sam felt guilty.
     It was all true. The pack doctor was the only other being that knew the complete truth. That they were mates and that Charles could only drink from him since Sam was his True Match. Sam went to see the doctor once a week and the man took a pint of his blood before he personally delivered the blood bag to Charles. Once a month, when Sam came to his home for their sessions, Charles would drink from Sam’s vein – an experience that Sam loved. 
     “I’m sorry. I’m just—I can’t tell them yet.” It was a lame excuse, he knew that. It was his past that he was afraid of.
     “Why? They won’t care,” Charles told him.
     “You don’t know that! I had to leave one home. I’m not ready to leave another.” He respected Gideon too much, just like he’d respected his father.
    “You think your friends will really give a shit that you bottom? Hell, tell them I bottom for you. I don’t care.” Sam could hear the pleading tone in Charles’s voice.
     “Nobody would believe that. Too many people know your reputation.” It was true. The man was a Dom, and he always would be. He’d earned his reputation as a Master long before Sam came into the picture.
     “So, for the rest of my existence, I only get to see my True Match once a month?” The man was getting angry, Sam could see it in the way his jaw clenched and his eyes narrowed.
     “I’m sorry.” It was true. He was sorry.
     “You always say that.” He waved away Sam’s apology.
     “It’s true,” He exhaled loudly. “I should probably go.”
     “Yeah, I’ll see you next month for my feeding and fuck,” Charles said harshly. He already felt so damn guilty and now it was as if Charles was the one feeling used in their sort of relationship.
     “I shouldn’t do this anymore,” he said under his breath as he walked toward the bedroom door.
     “You say that at the end of every night we’re together. I used to be scared that I wouldn’t see you again.” Sam saw a flash of pain in the other man’s eyes.
     “I don’t want to hurt you.”
     “You are, though. Every time you walk out that door my heart breaks. Maybe you need to decide if I’m your mate. You’ve never once tried to claim me. I’ve done everything you’ve asked. For an entire year, I’ve kept our relationship a secret from my friends. When is it going to be about me, Sam? It’s time you made a decision. Either claim me as your mate, or don’t come back.”
     Sam stared silently at Charles in shock, before turning and hurrying down the stairs. Sam grabbed his clothing off the bench in the entryway and peeked over his shoulder. He could see the marks that his Master had left behind, but by morning, all evidence of his night with Charles would be gone as if they’d never been there in the first place.